Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Fire Escape Magic performance at Hyderabad

THIS IS A STRICT WARNING : ALL THE FOLLOWING WAS DONE UNDER PROFESSIONAL SCRUTINY AND SUPERVISION. NO ATTEMT OF THIS EVENT OR PART OF IT SHOULD BE ATTEMPTED WITHOUT RELEVANT EXPERTISE OR GUIDANCE OF RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL.






This is me!.....chained and handcuffed in 45 feet of steel chains and locked in all ways by 45 locks(approximately) in the First Snap.


The Second shows the Haystack, which is to be put on Fire.


The Third shows the 120-feet Crane after having dropped me Hanging upside down by my ankles into the Petrol-doused Haystack.

The Fourth shows the haystack on fire with me JUST emerging from it through the Fire(notice carefully the left section of the Fire).
















The Fifth and Sixth show me on the ground just after my Escape with three Firefighters ensuring my safety from any aftereffects(from two angles).

The Seventh shows The Moment of Glory, a sign that I am totally unhurt and well.
I try and take no precautions apart from what is visible, e.g. some padding on the shins and ankles. I refuse to wear any headgear or have ANY kind of communication from the inside of the Haystack to anyone outside. I LOVE DOING THIS EVENT!!! I am forced to keep myself in best physical shape due to the nature of the many acts involved in this Event. I run 4 kms. every morning and follow it up with a number of flex and resistance exercises. The prime reason for this is the approx. 135 kgs weight that I bear on my ankles while hanging upside down from the crane. Also the blood-rush to my head and upper torso in that duration, and the subsequent drainage of blood from my feet and legs. Exercises are a must for me, even if I am not doing this Event.
I plan to do this UNDERWATER ESCAPE in sometime, which is considered further more riskier than this GREAT FIRE ESCAPE!! I wonder how it would go!..........................still wondering!:-)

1 comment:

Deepika.Menon said...

I really appreciate the effort you have given to this post. I am looking forward for your next post. I found this informative and interesting blog.
Magicians in Hyderabad